River Events at OR
All Week, July 22-26
Cheers to Rivers! Buy a mug, choose a beer, restore a river @ Henry’s Tavern, 500 16th St. // Open to the public
Cheers to Rivers! is a campaign to support the Colorado Water Trust's Crystal River Project, which is an innovative partnership with agriculture to improve the health of the Crystal River while sustaining the agricultural practices of a local ranch that relies on it. The Crystal River is a tributary of the Roaring Fork River with headwaters above Marble, CO in the Elk Mountains.
You can support green fields and blue rivers by heading to Henry’s Tavern any time between July 22 - 26 and purchasing a mug and a beer from Good River Beer, Sanitas Brewing Company, Odyssey Beerwerks, and Great Divide Brewing Company. All proceeds go directly to the project. So, drink your beer knowing you are part of helping protect Colorado’s rivers, which provide the most important resource to the agricultural industry—water.
Sunday, July 22
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Outdoor Retailer Demo Day @ Confluence Park, 2250 15th St. // Show credentials required
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. // Business for Water Stewardship Demo Day Booth D420
- 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. // Happy hour
Monday, July 23
11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sarah Uhl Live Wild and Scenic River Paintings @ Klean Kanteen Booth // Show credentials required
- Live Wild and Scenic river paintings, 100% of the proceeds go to American Whitewater
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
KEEN Happy Hours and Call to Action Phone Booth // Show credentials required
- Take action for rivers! Call your representatives directly from the floor of the show using American Whitewater action scripts and make your voice heard on a variety of river issues across the country, plus buy a happy hour pint and the proceeds go to American Whitewater.
4:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Nite Ize Carnival Party Celebrating 5,000 Miles of Wild @ outside space, 14th & California St. // Show credentials required
- Celebrate 50 years of Wild and Scenic rivers, share your story and take action to protect wild rivers for generations to come! Bonus: When you share your story, you’ll be entered to win some great prizes. Once it gets dark, look up and check out the 5,000 Miles of Wild projections! Open to all OR attendees, free beer, carnival games and music from The Goonies.
Tuesday, July 24
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
“Avoiding Crisis on America’s Rivers: How the Outdoor Industry Can Seize Opportunities in a Changing Climate”@ The Camp on the main exhibit floor // Show credentials required
12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Outdoor Industry Association Government Affairs Lunch “A River Runs Through It: Why the Future of the Outdoor Industry Depends on Water” @ Embassy Suites, 1420 Stout St. // Show credentials required- please note box lunches will be first come first serve.
Join Outdoor Industry Association, The Nature Conservancy, Business for Water Stewardship and a panel of water experts for a discussion about how climate change, drought, water quality and the health of our rivers and waterways may determine the future of the outdoor industry. More info here.
4:00 - 6:30 p.m.
“Brews, Boats, and Whiskey: Water in Our Industry” Brewery Bike Tour @ Oskar Blues and Wynkoop Brewery // Open to the public
- Join the Colorado Office of Outdoor Recreation Industry and American Whitewater in bringing experts together to bridge the issue of water in our water-dependent economies.
4:00 - 6:00 P.M.
NRS 5,000 Miles of Wild Booth Party @ NRS Booth #34031-UL
- When Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Wild and Scenic Act 50 years ago, he said, “Every individual and every family should get to know at least one river.” We couldn’t agree more, and we want to hear your river story at OR! Celebrate 50 years of wild rivers, share your story for a chance to win some great prizes from YETI and NRS! We’ll add your story to the NRS Wild Rivers Wall and deliver your story to Congress in October.
- $10 suggested donation gets you a 5,000 Miles of Wild YETI Rambler, free beer and hot bluegrass from local band, Combover!
Wednesday, July 25
4:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Colorado River Day Happy Hour: beers, river trivia, and gear giveaway @ the Paddle Zone, main exhibit floor // Show credentials required
- Gear donations from SaraBella Fishing, Chums, Kokopelli Packraft, Suffer Better, Oveja Negra, Good River Beer, Sanitas Brewing, Great Divide Brewing, Stream Trekker, Odyssey Beerwerks, and Running Rivers.
July 23 - 26
Trade School @ Aloft Hotel, 800 15th St. // Open to the public
Trade School is set alongside Outdoor Retailer with four-days of inspired discussion, original art and informal collisions with leading athletes, advocates, entrepreneurs and artists of the outdoor industry. Themes are Women, Water & the West.
@ 11:00 a.m. - The Confluence of Rivers & Economic Development
@ 1:00 p.m. - River Revival – Agriculture, Water & Emerging Outdoor Rec Economies
@ 3:00 p.m. - Next Generation’s Conservation Movement – 50 Years of Wild & Scenic
@ 11:00 a.m. - Public Lands & Waters
@ 1:00 p.m. - Women of the Water